SIHL ARTYSIO Flexible Packaging Films
SIHL ARTYSIO Packaging Films for Food
Are you looking for an affordable and more sustainable way to print your own food packaging in-house?
SIHL ARTYSIO packaging films work with water-based inkjet technology and are made for direct food contact. ARTYSIO films are suitable for all kinds of food and beverage applications including cereals, nuts, chocolates, baked goods, confectionery, granola bars, dry pet food, coffee and tea, herbs and spices, and detergents.
With ARTYSIO's innovative digital printing technology on one side of the film, your packaging can be used as an attractive marketing tool to promote your brand. The other side serves as a functional barrier against oxygen permeation and moisture vapor transmission.
The packaging can be printed with water-based inkjet printers and sealed with heat and ultrasound. Now it's possible to print your own stand-up pouches, black bottom bags, side folded bags, flat folded bags, lids, and form fill seals in-house.
For smaller manufacturers, there has been a lack of flexible packaging solutions for smaller quantities and varying print designs. These films offer a fast and cost-effective alternative to pre-printed packaging.
The use of pre-printed packaging is a common way to package products. The drawback of this method, however, is that all of these packages have to be printed (and oftentimes stored) before they can be used, which requires a lot of capital investment and has limited scalability.
This is where digital printing shines in comparison. Rather than ordering packaging from a third party and waiting weeks for delivery, you can print your own flexible food pouches and packaging on demand with a digital printer and SIHL ARTYSIO films. You can even print personalized packaging before and after pouch production, opening the door to even more options and new markets to explore.
SIHL ARTYSIO films feature a plastic-based composite material with a foil structure. The films can be finished with additional features such as a zipper, perforations, or a spout. The films can be recycled and fall under recycling numbers 5 (polypropylene) and 7 (other).
Several grades are available including:
- 5402 ARTYSIO NW P&P PET DH HFFS 65 W — White PET-based laminated film. Suitable for primary flexible packaging of food and non-food applications. Offers very strong seals for maximum product safety. 5402 features a white interior and exterior and horizontal form, fill and seal (HFFS) packing machinability. It is ideal for cereals, chocolate, confectionery, and teas.
- 5403 ARTYSIO NW P&P PET DH VFFS 65 W — White PET-based laminated film with a white interior and exterior. Suitable for primary flexible packaging of food and non-food applications. ARTYSIO packaging grade 5403 is ideal for packages that are printed and filled inline in a single production step (print and pack applications). This film is designed for vertical packing lines with VFFS (vertical form, fill and seal) applications. It is suitable for all of the same applications as 5402 as well as detergents.
- 5404 ARTYSIO NW P&P PETMET DH VFFS 65 W — White PET-based laminated film with barrier metallization. White on the outside and metallic on the inside. This film is suitable as flexible primary packaging for food and non-food applications requiring high barrier properties to protect the product's freshness, aroma, and appearance. As such, this packaging is great for nuts, tea, herbs and spices, dry pet food, and detergents. ARTYSIO packaging grade 5404 is designed for vertical print and pack (VFFS) applications.
- 5413 ARTYSIO NW P&P PP DM VFFS 94 W — White polypropylene-based laminated film with a white interior and exterior. Suitable for primary flexible packaging of food and non-food applications. ARTYSIO packaging grade 5413 is ideal for print and pack applications with VFFS. It is suitable for cereals, chocolate, confectionery, teas, and detergents.
- 5443 ARTYSIO NW P&P PET TH VFFS 118 W — White PET-based laminated film featuring an aluminum layer for both food and non-food applications requiring a barrier to protect the product's freshness, aroma, and appearance. With its high water vapor and oxygen barrier, ARTYSIO 5443 is ideal for free-flowing products like coffee and dry pet food. ARTYSIO packaging grade 5443 is designed for vertical print and pack (VFFS) applications.
When it comes to packaging, pre-printed packaging has some drawbacks that can be solved with digital printing. Digital printing is a great option for those who want custom and personalized options when packing their products. The films are designed to recycle easily due to the plastic material used in construction and come in various grades depending on your needs. If you’re interested in partnering with an expert team of flexible packaging professionals, we would love to help you.