Linerless Direct Thermal Labels
What Are Linerless Labels?
Blank labels typically have a liner, which is later disposed of once the labels have been removed. Linerless labels do not have a liner, making them more convenient to work with and allowing for more labels per roll. To ensure that the adhesive linerless labels do not stick to themselves on the roll, the label facestock is coated with a silicone coating that allows the labels to easily release from the roll. Thus, when in roll form, the labels temporarily stick to themselves. Once removed from the roll, they can be applied to an object.
Why Choose Linerless Labels?
Linerless labels offer several advantages overs labels on a liner including the following:
- More labels per roll — Since there’s no bulky liner taking up space, more labels can fit on the same size roll.
- Lower shipping costs — If you typically buy label rolls by the case, your shipping costs could go down as there will be about twice as many labels per case with linerless labels. Likewise, there’s less weight per label roll, affecting shipping costs.
- Less waste — There’s no liner to manage and dispose of when you choose linerless labels.
- Less storage space needed — You’ll have roughly half as many label rolls to store with linerless labels as opposed to traditional labels which take up more space.
- A safer work environment — Label liners tend to accumulate on the production floor causing a potential fall hazard until the liner has been gathered and removed.
- Less downtime for label roll switchovers — With about 40 percent more labels per roll, you’ll spend less time switching label rolls.
Use Cases for Linerless Labels
Linerless labels are commonly used for a variety of labeling applications such as:
- Warehousing and logistics labels
- Retail pricing labels
- Food service labels
- Hospitality labels
- Lab specimen labels
- Hospital and health care labels
- Shipping labels
- Delivery labels