BarTender Label & Barcode Design Software by Seagull Scientific - Canada
When it comes to label and barcode printing software, Seagull Scientific's BarTender software stands at the forefront of the industry. It's not by coincidence—it's the result of being specifically designed to excel in barcode and label printing. What's more, the various editions of BarTender software make it easy for businesses of all sizes and labeling requirements to find a cost-effective solution.
Exploring the Editions of Seagull BarTender Software
The BarTender barcode software by Seagull Scientific is available in several distinct editions:
- Seagull BarTender Basic: Ideal for small businesses with straightforward label and barcode printing needs.
- Seagull BarTender Pro: Enhances the Basic version by incorporating professional features, including the ability to read data from CSV, Excel files, and databases, as well as RFID label encoding.
- Seagull BarTender Automation (standard): The Automation edition comes in two versions - standard and enterprise. The standard version caters to automated printing from any OS, responding to data transactions and SDK requests. It also offers Intelligent Templates™, live print status monitoring, and system usage histories. It supports both user and group roles as well.
- Seagull BarTender Automation (enterprise): The Enterprise version introduces centralized system management, browser-hosted printing, integration with SAP and Oracle, and automatic printing in response to TCP/IP or APIs, among other features.
Understanding the Seagull BarTender License Scheme
It's important to note the licensing scheme for BarTender by Seagull Scientific:
- Both the Basic Edition and Seagull BarTender Pro are licensed per PC. You'll need a separate license for each computer using the software. So, if you have five computers sharing one label printer, you will need five licenses.
- The Automation editions of Seagull Scientific BarTender are licensed per printer. For these editions, you'll need one license for each printer used with the software. For instance, if you have 50 computers sharing three label printers, you'd require three printer licenses.