If you work in a small to mid-sized business, your monthly print and copy volume is likely much lower than that of larger businesses, schools, government agencies, and other organizations. Yet, your printing and photocopying needs, aside from volume, are largely the same. You need an affordable solution that:
- Supports multiple users
- Is easy to use
- Produces professional quality documents
- Handles multiple functions (print, scan, copy, and fax)
- Is reliable
Today, affordable multifunction business photocopiers for home-based and small businesses are readily available, but how do you pick the right one? Use the tips below to narrow your choices down and select the best small business photocopier for your needs.
- Choose between standalone and multifunction photocopiers. Do you want a machine strictly for making copies (or strictly for printing?) or do you want a multifunction photocopier that prints, scans, copies, and faxes? The benefits of an all-in-one typically justify the slight price increase.
- Choose between colour and monochrome photocopiers. Epson colour inkjet photocopiers for small business make colour printing affordable and offer numerous advantages over standard laser or even colour laser photocopiers. Large ink tanks and two years’ worth of ink included with Epson’s Supertank printers allow you to print full colour documents without concerns about ink costs and replacing ink cartridges all the time.
- Consider what type of small business photocopiers are suitable for your needs. Photocopiers designed for small businesses come in a variety of price ranges with varying features. Are you looking for something on the low end, mid-range, or high end of the spectrum? For example, if you need to purchase a few colour inkjet photocopiers for your work-from-home employees, Epson Supertank multifunction printers are an excellent choice. Check out Epson’s Buy 3, Get 1 Free mail-in offer, which is good through December 31, 2020, here. On the other hand, if you need a faster print speed or more advanced features, a higher-end model with higher page capacity or document finishing options (sold separately) might be a better choice.
- Consider your monthly print volume and desired print speed. In general, the higher the print volume and the more users you have, the more advantageous it is to get a high speed photocopier. With faster print speeds, there’s less waiting around for documents to be printed. However, if you have lower volume requirements each month, getting an ultrafast photocopier may be overkill. There’s a big difference between needing to print hundreds of collated documents at a time and the occasional 10-page report.
- Energy considerations. Laser photocopiers generate a lot of heat in order to produce an image. Not only does this mean higher energy bills, they require a warm-up period before print jobs begin printing, which can slow your team down. Epson business inkjet photocopiers are powered by PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology for lower energy bills, a fast first page out speed, and greater reliability. They also plug into a standard 110-volt outlet, giving you greater flexibility as to placement and eliminating the need for special wiring if your office lacks a 220-volt outlet.
- Other technical considerations include security and remote printing. Does your small business work with sensitive documents? Higher end photocopiers will have more robust security solutions than lower end ones. Do you have remote workers? Ethernet, USB, and Wi-Fi connectivity are just the beginning. Epson photocopiers with remote printing, mobile printing, and even voice-activated printing on some models open the doors to a wider pool of users.
DuraFast Label Company has a large selection of Epson business inkjet photocopiers for small businesses including affordable models for home-based businesses like the Epson WorkForce Pro EC-4040, a family of Epson Supertank multifunction photocopiers, and A3 multifunction printers like the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-C878R. There’s a lot to consider when choosing a photocopier for your small business. Our team of photocopying specialists is here to help. We’re based in Toronto and provide service throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Contact us today to learn more.