DuraFast Label Company is proud to sell Epson color label printers, labels, accessories, and supplies to customers in Canada. Purchasing Epson-brand ink cartridges is essential in ensuring optimal print quality. Depending on the Epson color label printer you own, you Epson ink choices may be limited. Here’s what you need to know about the different types of Epson ink cartridges for Epson’s ColorWorks series color label printers such as the Epson TM-C3400, Epson TM-C3500, Epson GP-C831, and Epson TM-C7500 / TM-C7500G (gloss) / TM-C7500GE (Graphics Edition).
Epson Pigment Inks
Most of Epson’s ColorWorks color label printers are pigment ink printers that use DURABrite® Ultra pigment inks. Pigment inks differ from dye inks in several notable ways.
- First, the prints are extremely durable — the most durable, in fact. Several Epson ColorWorks label printers are GHS BS5609 certified, which means when used with BS5609-certified label stock, the printed labels can withstand the harshest environmental conditions.
- Pigment inks also do not smudge or smear, even if you touch them immediately after printing. They dry instantly.
- Pigment inks are not as vibrant as dye inks, so the colors may not be as vivid as you’d like.
The Epson TM-C7500G is a gloss label printer that uses Epson UltraChrome DL pigment ink cartridges. These ink cartridges contain modified pigment inks able to adhere to glossy media. Because the Epson TM-C7500G (gloss) and the Epson TM-C7500 (matte) color label printers use different types of media, they use different types of ink cartridges. They are not interchangeable.
Tri-Color, Dual, or Individual Epson Ink Cartridges
Epson’s ColorWorks label printers use several different ink cartridge systems. Depending on which Epson ColorWorks label printer you have, it may use:
- Just one Epson CMY ink cartridge containing Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow ink. Also called tricolor cartridges, CMY ink cartridges produce black ink by blending colors. When the printer runs low on any of the three colors, the entire cartridge needs to be replaced.
- One Epson CMY ink cartridge and one black ink cartridge. Rather than blending colors to produce black, ColorWorks printers using a dual cartridge system have a separate black ink cartridge for printing black. This conserves the more expensive color ink.
- Four individual Epson CMYK ink cartridges. With this system, the Epson ColorWorks label printer uses separate ink cartridges for Cyan Magenta, Yellow, and Black ink. This is highly efficient as you only need to replace the color that is actually running low. For example, if you are running low on cyan ink but have plenty of yellow, magenta, and black ink, you only need to replace the cyan ink cartridge.
Purchasing Epson Ink Cartridges in Canada
DuraFast Label Company sells OEM Epson ink cartridges to customers across Canada with shipping originating from our Toronto office. To make ordering Epson ColorWorks ink cartridges as simple as possible, we’ve listed them by printer model. Simply select your Epson ColorWorks color label printer from the list below and you’ll be taken to the appropriate listing of Epson ink cartridges.