Business conditions in Canada have prompted many offices to work at a breakneck pace. Perhaps you’ve increased production and added staff over the past year, but what about your printer? Can it keep up?
As you start your search for an enterprise or office printing solution, keep in mind that network printers have evolved since the last time you purchased an office printer. Today, Epson business inkjet printers offer the speed and print quality you’d expect of a laser printer but with full colour and affordable ink costs — and many other advantages. In fact, now is the perfect time to upgrade your printer. Here’s what you need to know about shopping for a next-generation network office printer.
- Desired features — Of course, one of the main considerations is the printer’s capabilities. Are you looking for a multifunction printer that prints, scans, copies, and faxes or a standalone printer. Do you want a monochrome or colour printer? Are document finishing capabilities like booklet binding, stapling, and collating important to you? What about security features and integration with existing Enterprise applications? Make a list of the must-have features to be sure you get exactly what you need.
- Technology — Another major choice is between inkjet and laser printing technology. Many of today’s business inkjet printers rival laser printer technology, offering outstanding print quality and value. Epson PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology is exceptional, and because it does not use heat, offers significant energy savings, too.
- Performance — In an enterprise environment, speed is especially important to ensure that everyone can quickly retrieve their documents without having to wait in a long queue. Take a look at Epson WorkForce Enterprise printers for affordable colour printers with speeds up to 100 pages per minute.
- Print quality — Lasers are well known for producing crisp text, and Epson business inkjet printers do the same. Plus, Epson WorkForce printers produce professional colour output up to 4800 dpi.
- Reliability — A printer’s reliability is important to ensure that your office continues to function day in, day out. An out-of-service printer is incredibly disruptive, so be sure to keep reliability in mind. Epson business inkjet printers have fewer moving parts than laser printers, low maintenance requirements, and low intervention. In addition, they come with a standard two-year warranty with several warranty upgrade options available.
- Pricing models — Do you want to purchase a network office printer outright or would a lease be a better choice for you. Both have their advantages.
- Operational costs — Your purchase decision should extend well beyond the price of the printer to consider how much the printer will actually cost to operate. This includes ink or toner costs, energy costs, and even paper costs as some printers offer automatic 2-sided printing. In fact, you may be surprised at the variance between each printer’s operational costs. Over the course of a year, it could be significant. Another cost that often catches businesses by surprise is electrical work. Most laser printers require 220-volt outlets, which means you many need to hire an electrician. Epson WorkForce printers use standard 110-volt outlets.
We highly recommend Epson business inkjet printers to businesses in Canada. They have all of the features you want, are powered by PrecisionCore Technology, can keep up with all of your printing requirements, and offer outstanding quality, reliability, and value. Contact us today to learn more.